That day I decided to whip up a batch of brownies while waiting for the hubby to come home. Coz these brownies are dead easy to bake and only really need 1 bowl (measuring cups and weighing scales not included!)
As usual, I assumed I had all the ingredients and started without checking. Until I reached the point of - add the nuts. The hubs had eaten us out of nuts in the entire house!
So I proceeded without any nuts and it was still great!
150 g bittersweet chocolate chopped
113 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 tbs Milo powder
200 g granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
95 g all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Line bottom of tray with aluminium foil.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Milo powder and sugar.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Make sure the equipment used to melt the chocolate is dry and avoid splashing water from the saucepan as this would cause the chocolate to "seize" and not be useable.
- I couldn't find baking cocoa and substituted Milo. Just as good.
- If baking brownies for the first time, watch it carefully. It is very easy to overbake. Overbaked brownies become cakey.